Joint & Back Pain
Advanced Physio Specialist
You can find advice and exercises below for many musculoskeletal conditions:
- NHSinform: https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/muscle-bone-and-joints
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/managing-pain-home
Physiotherapy at the Practice - Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioners
Every GP practice in Midlothian has an Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner attached to the practice who you can speak to if you have a muscle, bone or joint problem. They are all highly experienced and can assess and diagnose any musculoskeletal conditions, provide you with an explanation of your condition, appropriate exercises and discuss management options. This may include referral to your local Physiotherapy department for ongoing physiotherapy, pain management advice, X-ray or referral for a specialist opinion.
They can help with:
- Muscle, bone or joint pain
- Back pain / Sciatica
- Neck pain / Whiplash
- Joint pain & stiffness including knee/ shoulder, wrist and hand pain and osteoarthritis
- Muscle or tendon pain e.g. tennis elbow, achilles tendon pain
- Sprains or strains e.g. knee / ankle sprain, calf strain
- Weakness / de-conditioning after injury or surgery
- Loss of confidence with movement and physical activity.
You can phone the practice on 01968 672612 and ask for an appointment with our physiotherapist. Our physiotherapist is called Naomi.